December 9, 2011

December 17th - Saturday Night With The Poet's Haven!


While I'm still working on the new event calendar for Poet's Haven, I wanted to get word out about December 17th's Saturday Night With The Poet's Haven show. The featured poets will be none other than ZACH ASHLEY from Ferndale, MI and Cleveland's own AUTUMN AKI! We'll also be launching C.M. Brooks' chapbook, "A Thousand Voices: A City Shaman's Notebook" and collecting donations for the Poetic Provisions Food-Drive!

This will be the last show where you can get a copy of this year's "VENDING MACHINE: Poetry for Change" anthology in exchange for a food-drive donation.

This will be the FINAL show where the open-mic is recorded for podcasting! (See my blog post from November 10th for a full explanation of what's going on with the podcasts.)


After playing around with a couple open-source event calendar programs, I finally decided to just do what everyone else is already doing and use a Google Calendar. I'm still tweaking some things, and will be adding events to it in the days ahead.

Oh, and did I mention that the Canton First Friday Poetry Slam will return in January at our new location? Did I mention that the new location is Cable Hall at the Canton Cultural Center? 8-D And did I mention that the First Friday slam is now partnered with Lake Effect Poetry? Meaning that poets competing in the First Friday slam will earn points towards qualifying for north-east Ohio's official National Poetry Slam team?


Also, keep an eye out for another big announcement regarding a new poetry open-mic series in Canton! I'm hoping to be able to make the announcement at December 17th's Poet's Haven event. :-)

See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment