For info on submitting poems:
For info on joining our street team:
Then, we're taking a month off from the normal open-mic and slam event and instead bringing POETRY TO THE PEOPLE! Poets will be performing all over the downtown arts district, out amid the crowd of people! The goal is to let folks who wouldn't normally come to a poetry event hear how awesome performance poetry is (and hopefully get some of those people to check out some poetry events in the future). Poetry performances will start at 6:00, and will conclude with members of DRAGON INC. (who will be sending Cleveland's team to National Poetry Slam) performing on "THE POET'S HAVEN STAGE" (YES!) from 9:00 to 10:00!
Here's the schedule of performing poets:
- 6:00 - BEN BARTMAN - at the Rubber Duckie (corner of 5th and Cleveland Ave.)
- 6:20 - HERE BE DRAGONS (Jennifer Cline & John Cezanne) - at 4th and Cleveland (across from the Buzzbin Stage)
- 7:00 - CHRISTINA BROOKS - outside Second April Gallerie (324 Cleveland Ave.)
- 7:20 - STEVE BRIGHTMAN - at the Rhino (corner of 4th and Cleveland Ave.)
- 7:40 - CARLA THOMPSON & JACOB KING - at the Shutterbug (the mosquito, corner of 5th and Cleveland Ave.)
- 8:20 - ARIJA LEE - outside Arcadia Grill (Court Ave., the parking lot behind Second April)
- 8:40 - KONKRETE ROSE - at the Saxophone (corner of 3rd and Market Ave.)
- 9:00 - DRAGON INC. (with AKeem Rollins, Andrew Line, Caira Lee) - The Poet's Haven Stage (at 3rd and Court Ave.)
I hope to see everyone there!