January 29, 2013

A Poet's Haven Love Connection? ;-)

So today I received an e-mail asking me to update the e-mail address attached to some poems in Gallery 1.  This was for an author who's work was published back in 1998 and 1999.  She included this in the e-mail:

"Also, I'd like to thank you. Thank you for keeping the site up and running through all these years. In a weird way this site helped to bring myself and my soul-mate together. We did not know each other at the time we were both posting to the site, nor had we read each others work. However around 20 years later we ended up meeting each other and connecting almost instantly. In all the talking new couples do we discussed our past personal pages, places we chat, etc... only to discover we were both posting here at the same time with our submissions only separated by a few submissions. An odd coincidence, maybe, but we consider it evidence that our lives were circling each others and in its own way brought us closer together."

Okay, other than that "20 years" thing making me feel *REALLY* old (not to mention that I'm fairly certain last October only marked the site's 15th anniversary), this kind of thing is what has kept this site and press running all this time.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment